After Hours Crisis Assistance : Click Here to Get Help Now
YES Adolescent Family Counselling Service
PHONE: 02 6058 6210 Please leave a message if we are not available when you call and we will get back to you.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Weekdays between the hours of 9am to 5pm and 1pm to 5pm on Wednesdays. After hours appointments by arrangement.
ABOUT THE SERVICE
- A free, confidential counselling service for young people and/or their families
- Counsellors are qualified people with specialist training
- After hour appointment times available
- Concerns you might want to contact us about may include: family conflict; running away from home; family crisis; parenting problems; school related difficulties; difficulties related to separation, divorce, death, fostering and adoption; young people have problems with their parents and/or families; any feeling of distress or personal worries
- If someone else has suggested that our service might be helpful it is OK to phone us to talk about what we can offer
- Counselling may include several family members or may be done individually with young people or with parents
- Any other person considered important to the young person ie. extended family members, carers, friends, etc are welcome to participate in counselling sessions
- Everyone’s situation will be treated as unique and with respect.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
- Counselling is a time for you to be heard and understood by someone who is genuinely interested in what you are going through – because what you are going through matters.
- Counselling also tries to help you make sense of what is happening and to assist you deal with your situation. It tries to help you find fresh ideas and new ways of doing things that might be useful to you.
YES Family Support Service
PHONE: 02 6058 6212 Please leave a message if we are not available when you call and we will get back to you.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Weekdays between the hours of 9am to 5pm and 1pm to 5pm on Wednesdays
- Practical support and assistance for families to help protect and care for their children aged up to 12 years old
- Intensive case management service
- Parenting education
- Referral and information
The Community Access, Information and Referral Service
PHONE: 02 6058 6200 or freecall 1800 885 355 (during business hours)
- Provides information and referral to locally available family services and options including family support services and programs, parenting info and advice and specialist counselling services
- Operates from The HUB weekdays between the hours of 9am to 3pm and 1pm to 5pm on Wednesdays
- You can call and chat if you prefer
- Appointments are not necessary
- Can also assist with information about a range of other services which may be of help