The Joint Support Program was introduced in 2013 as a replacement program to StaySafe and Employment Skilling Program (ESP). Similar to the former StaySafe and Employment Skilling Program, the Joint Support Program client group is young people who are involved with Juvenile Justice NSW who have been assessed as having a medium to high risk or re-offending. YES working in partnership with Juvenile Justice NSW can:
- support you no matter where you are currently living within the areas of Albury, Wagga Wagga, Deniliquin, Griffith and all surrounding areas of these locations
- assist you to find safe and secure accommodation, including on exit from custody
- assist you to set and achieve your personal goals ie. gaining your driver’s licence, returning to study, finding employment, whatever YOUR goals may be
- help you to identify activities and supports within your community that will lessen the likelihood of you re-offending
- support you and your family depending on your needs
The Joint Support Program is funded by the NSW Department of Attorney General and Justice, Juvenile Justice
The primary aim of the Joint Support Program is to address the complex spectrum of needs presented by young offenders.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Support young people in their transition into the community from custody or to maintain their community support upon exit from Juvenile Justice supervision
- Address homelessness by providing a supported accommodation service that is flexible and tailored to meet individual needs of clients. Assist young people to access crisis accommodation and long term accommodation as required
- Reduce the rate and seriousness of re-offence through the provision of broad and individualised interventions and support services
- Assist young people to re-engage with their community and identify activities and supports that will lessen the likelihood of them re-offending
Hours of Operation
The Joint Support Program is delivered in Albury, Wagga Wagga, Deniliquin, Griffith and surrounding areas of all these locations. Hours vary between offices with a focus on flexible hours of operation to meet client need.